Responsible for inspecting, repairing, and maintaining all equipment used by the Company in the transportation and handling of freight in a safe, efficient, timely, cost-effective, and practical manner. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, single and tandem axle diesel over-the-road and city tractors, diesel city straight trucks, propane and diesel powered industrial forklifts, and over-the-road and city trailers of various makes and configurations.
* Ability to work independently and without constant supervision.
* Ability to read, write, communicate, and comprehend the English language in order to perform the various aspects of the job.
* Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Ability to communicate tactfully and diplomatically with internal and external customers.
* Basic computer skills to input vehicle maintenance records and diagnosis equipment.
* Ability to pass the requirements of a Company administered physical examination, including drug screen.
* Commercial Driver's License (CDL) candidates must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) qualifications.
* Ability to maintain and supply own hand tools needed to perform the essential duties of the job. Basic mechanical skills.
* Working knowledge of and ability to use micrometers, dial indicators, bore gauges, calibrators, voltmeters, digital voltmeters, electronic diagnostic equipment, and other measuring devices.