Responsible for inspecting, repairing, and maintaining all equipment used by the Company in the transportation of and handling of freight in a safe, efficient, timely, cost-effective, and practical manner. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, single and tandem axle diesel over-the-road and city tractors, diesel city straight trucks, propane and diesel powered industrial forklifts, over-the-road and city trailers of various makes and configurations, Company vehicles and pick-up trucks, and various types of converter gear. Associates in this position are entry level employees working as an apprentice.
* Ability to work independently and without constant supervision.
* Ability to read, write, communicate, and comprehend the English language in order to perform the various aspects of the job.
* Ability to communicate tactfully and diplomatically with internal and external customers.
* Ability to pass the requirements of a Company administered physical examination, including drug screen. Commercial Driver's License (CDL) candidates must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) qualifications.
* Must have a satisfactory work history, including good attendance.
* Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Basic computer skills to input vehicle maintenance records and diagnosis equipment.
* Ability to maintain and supply own hand tools needed to perform the essential duties of the job.