Please check your email .
Seeks customers' satisfaction with the home appliances they purchase and own by providing skillful diagnosis and repair of existing products that malfunction, performance of routine maintenance on products, or installation of new product, Tech provides services either in customer's home or in the company's service facility. Tech will carry out their duties in a courteous, professional and ethical manner. This position is essentially the training version of the Service Tech and Delivery Tech positions combined.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Completes his or her route of scheduled daily service or installation calls provided by the service manager or dispatcher of the repair work assigned if working in the service shop.
· Responds to customer calls for service on evenings and weekends if scheduled to do so.
· Follows mission statement and company policies regarding calling customers to confirm scheduled appointments and conduct in customers' homes. Explains warranty and repair options and pricing, handles complaints, offers extended warranties and accessories and accepts payments on behalf of the company for work performed.
· Follows company parts inventory policies regarding security, maintaining and replenishing truck stock, customer special orders and returning defective parts.
· Drives responsibly and follows all traffic laws when operating a company vehicle.
· Complies with government certification and service procedure requirements.
· Attends manufacturer and association training meetings as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
No prior experience or training required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception and close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
A Service Technician needs to have good diagnostic and troubleshooting skills, be customer oriented with good communications skills and be self-motivated. He or she must be able to demonstrate significant mechanical aptitude and be prepared to complete the training schools and seminars necessary to perform this job function and acquire the required certifications. He or she must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, criminal/theft background check and have a valid state driver's license and a good driving record.