GROW AND ADVANCE YOUR CAREER ? BENEFITS BEYOND THE EXPECTED ? TEAM THAT VALUES TEAMWORK
Build your career as a new Apprentice on our Maintenance team!
HON and Allsteel, two leading brands under HNI, are currently accepting applications for our Maintenance Apprentice Program.
In a Skilled Trades Career, you'll find any number of opportunities to grow your skills and enjoy a long-term, lasting career.
At LFO, you?ll find any number of opportunities to grow your skills and enjoy a long-term, lasting career. If you?re willing to learn, we?re ready to train you in ways that will grow your skills and provide opportunities to advance. All we ask is that you be flexible, hard-working and ready to try new things.
* In our Maintenance Apprenticeship Program, you will develop the skills to provide support to our manufacturing and distribution facilities for issues relating to, but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, conveyor, PLC, fabrication, automation, industrial and motor controls. The position will require you to work full time and be enrolled in courses at Muscatine Community College as well.
Ideal candidates would have prior Industrial, Agricultural, or Mechanical Maintenance experience. Completion of an advanced technology program or degree at a technical school would be very beneficial.
* Automation and Instrumentation
* Electronics Engineering
* As part of continued enrollment in the Apprenticeship program, we require flexibility to adjust the work schedule to fit 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and even Weekend shifts.
* Weekly work schedule consists of approximately 45-hours per week. This requires to both work full-time and be enrolled in the program completing the required schooling.
* Our manufacturing volume may demand we work overtime and this can include daily overtime and weekends, as needed.
* Starting at $16.35/hour (based on academic credits and verifiable previous employment) we offer a pay progression that gets you to $22.53/hour, that?s an increase of over 37% after 8000-hours. During your apprenticeship, we also review your pay for raises based on your progression through the program. Off-shift opportunities receive an additional $1.00/hour shift differential. With paid Holidays starting Day 1 of your employment. In addition to pay, we offer the opportunity to advance your compensation through job promotions and learning new skills.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR HNI
* Heath care: We offer a total compensation package with benefits that start Day 1! In addition to full medical, dental and vision insurance. All of our plans offer free preventative healthcare.
* Paid Holidays: We offer 11 paid holidays per year and you are eligible starting Day 1!
* Paid Time Off: Begin to accrue vacation time in your first month. We also offer an opportunity to gain addition PTO Bonus Hours rewarded monthly for perfect attendance.
* We also offer great rewards for members who stay through 12 months of service including a great 401K company contribution, profit sharing bonuses, educational reimbursement program, and the ability to buy our products at a discounted Member's only price.
This role is a great fit for a candidate with knowledge of mechanical, electrical, PLC, robotic and facility maintenance looking to get their foot in the door or to continue down a manufacturing career path with a company that is continuously growing and evolving. If you have the willingness to learn and grow with a company, we would like to hear from you!
To apply for a full time position, please complete an application online or at:
The HON & Allsteel Recruitment Center816 E 5th StMuscatine, IA 52761
To apply, you may also send your resume to
Ideally, we are looking for candidates with previous experience in one of the following:
* Technical schooling
* Verifiable and transferable maintenance experience
* Previous completion of an apprenticeship program
* Any previous experience in PLC, automation, instrumentation, mechatronics, mechanical/electrical, etc.
* Military experience
*Posted at:* Tuesday, August 07, 2018
*Job Req#:* C
*Category:* Skilled Trades
*Education Level:* Ideal candidates will be currently enrolled in an Advanced Manufacturing Degree or Program, but not required.