Please check your email .
All Applicants must Apply at Safeway.com/Careers. Please contact Erica Front End Manager or Elizabeth Store Admin for interview.
Job Title: Meat Wrapper
As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Meat Wrapper provides friendly,
courteous, and helpful service. Wraps, weighs, and prices meat products cut by the
meat cutter. Stocks meat cases with cut, ground and otherwise prepared fresh meat,
prepackaged meats and other items. Rotates product and removes expired or poor
quality product. Keeps department clean, orderly, and maintained in accordance with State and Federal regulations. Assists in the Seafood department when needed. The position is hourly non-exempt. The Meat Wrapper reports to the Meat Manager, Store Manager, 1st and 2nd Assistant Manager, Person in Charge and Meat Field Merchandiser.
Safeway Meat Wrapper employees are generally responsible for completing the
following job duties:
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of
the position and within company policy.
2. Operate wrapping machine.
3. Obtain fresh, frozen, smoked and prepackaged meats from storage coolers and
freezers, stocks in meat department cases.
4. Use carts, wheeled racks, dollies and pallet jacks to move product.
5. Place precut or ground meat in plastic trays, wraps, weighs, and prices by hand or
using automatic machine.
6. Inspects displayed products for expired dates and removes out of date product. Follows division markdown policy
7. Performs daily temp, tare and grind log checks.
8. May order product and supplies.
9. May assist in Seafood department. Adheres to Federal, State, local laws. Adheres to
safety policies and store rules.
10. Other duties as assigned.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior
customer service skills or related experience.
2. Ability to interact with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
3. Knowledge of and ability to prepare different cuts of meat.
4. Ability to multi tasks, while working under stress and time constraints.
5. Ability to make decisions and work without supervision.
6. Ability to concentrate and focus.
7. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
8. Must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English.
9. Ability to operate the meat scale.
Job Title: Meat Wrapper
10. Ability to work varied shifts over a 24 hour operation.
11. Ability to pass Food Safety 1 Test.
12. Reports to work in proper uniform per company policy.
% Inside: 100% Outside: 0% Rarely
Temperature Extremes: Meat department is kept cold. Enters freezer to stock and remove product that is held in the walk in fresh cooler and processed in the cutting room. Humid at times. Floors are concrete and can be wet at times. Exposure to animal blood. Chemicals: Rarely (detergents, disinfectants, sanitizers and glass cleaner).
MACHINES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
Hand truck, six-wheeled cart, pallet jack, grocery cart, wheeler racks, trays, plastic wrap, labels, wrapping machine, scale, knives, box cutter, bailer, forklift, pens/pencils, telephone/intercom, meat grinders, safety gloves, safety goggles, company meat coats & hats, forms and papers, telxon, temp gun and trash compactor.
Constant (over 67% of the time) Frequent (up to 66% of the time)
Occasional (up to 33% of the time) Rarely (less than 10% of the time)
Frequently lifts 1-35 lbs. Occasionally lifts 36-50 lbs.
Frequently carries 1-25 lbs. Occasionally carries 26-50 lbs.
Frequently pushes/pulls 1-20 lbs.
Constant knee to shoulder reaching. Occasional overhead reaching and at or above shoulder level reaching.
Constant standing while on job. Must be able to stand on tile and cement for up to five hours with one fifteen-minute break. Sitting allowed while on breaks.
Frequent walking to perform meat duties, loading and unloading meat product, moving about within the meat area.
Rarely may use step stool or ladder. May need to climb stairs to second floor break room/offices/restrooms.
Job Title: Meat Wrapper
Frequent neck rotation and bending of head while wrapping and stocking. Frequent bending/stooping while obtaining freight and reaching into coolers and freezers. Occasional twisting and crouching. Rarely squatting and kneeling.
Constant handling/grasping while wrapping, weighing, and stocking product. Frequent repetitive motion while wrapping and stocking.
Use of peripheral vision and depth perception to move around crowded meat area containing dangerous machinery when in operation. Near vision used to read tags, prices, dates, electric displays and other material. Use of color vision to determine freshness and condition of meat and poultry products.
To converse with customers, provide service, answer questions and conduct business. To receive instruction from other employees and supervisors, to receive information via telephone, intercom or IDL.
To converse with customers, answer questions and conduct business. To page other employees over intercom, give instructions, and provide Superior Customer Service.Company Description ALBERTSONS SAFEWAY AND WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN US Albertsons Safeway has always been a people-oriented business, and thoughtful people practices remain a core element of our company's philosophy. As friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy offering customers an exceptional shopping experience, we provide world-class customer service each and every day. We provide a variety of benefits including: • Great pay • Flexible schedule • Training • Opportunities for career development • Health and welfare benefits for eligible employees • Leisure time activity discounts