Please check your email .
What You Will Do
Learn/Assist in the installation of fire protection piping, valves and accessories for commercial and industrial application. Must be able to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer and/or job requirements. Must perform all duties in a safe and professional manner.
The travel assistant position is the assistant position to the best of the best travel foreman which will require travel up to 8 hours away from your primary residence or work location and will require staying out of town in hotels during the week. The intent is to keep crews in close enough proximity to their residence to travel home for the weekends depending on the project requirements; however due to potential project needs this may not always be achievable.
How You Will Do It:
• Assist foreman in the installation of wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge sprinkler systems
• Follow all safety policies
• Maintain proper documentation for work performed
• Must adhere to company safety policies and procedures
• Follow verbal and written instructions
• Carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 70lbs and be capable of performing physical labor
• Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions, such as climbing ladders, scaffolding, and high lift equipment
• Maintain a clean and safe work area
• Have a positive attitude and the ability to learn quickly
• Be enrolled in Grinnell's approved Apprenticeship Program, maintaining all requirements of the Apprenticeship Standards
What We Look For:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Minimum of 18 years of age
• Valid Driver's License, and a dependable means of transportation to the employer's place of business and/or jobsite, and to the place where classroom job related instruction is conducted
• Ability to work well with others
• Be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the apprenticeship program, with or without a reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others
• Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format
Rewards and benefits:
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Travel expenses will be paid for by your travel foreman while you are on overnight stays. An installation truck with service utility bed and full set of all tools necessary to perform the work at the highest efficiency along with the best in the industry support team.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit